We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving from Sedona to Santa Fe

Which Santa Fe hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sydney nova scotia
Level Contributor
145 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Driving from Sedona to Santa Fe

How long will the drive be from Sedona to Santa Fe? It looks to be around 400 miles or an 8 hour drive. Am I correct? any reccomendations on where to stop overnight if we decide to do the drive in 2 days?

Thanks,

Gail

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
20,949 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving from Sedona to Santa Fe

The drive almost completely interstate at 80 mph. You can get here in a day if you drive normal and take just a few breaks. It really is an easy drive. We can make it to Flagstaff in under 6 hours.

If you want to visit some things along the way, then make it a 2 day trip. Petrified Forest and Painted Desert would be a nice stop, there are motels in Holbrook.

Have fun.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving from Sedona to Santa Fe

Hi

Easy within 7 hours but if you have the time make it a 2 days drive.

Some sights along the route:

Arizona:

1. Oak Creek Canyon between Sedona and Flagstaff.

2. Walnut Canyon NM just east of Flagstaff

3. Meteor Crater. South of I40 exit 233

4. Winslow: See R66 plaza and the statue of the hitchhiker and the mural.

5. Painted Desert and Petrified Forest NP (not a forest but stone logs lying on the floor)

New Mexico:

1. Leave I40 and drive to Zuni Pueplo, famous for its jewelry. Then drive nm53 to El Morro NM (don't miss), to El Malpais NM and Bandera Crater Ice Caves and to Grants.

2. Acoma Pueblo "Sky City"

Not to mention the sights in Albuquerque. For a scenic drive take the Turquoise Trail, nm14 from I 40 exit 175 to Santa Fe and make a stop in Madrid.

Maybe Gallup, NM for an overnight stop.

Tet

sydney nova scotia
Level Contributor
145 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving from Sedona to Santa Fe

Thanks to both of you for your quick response. I appreciate them,

gail

4. Re: Driving from Sedona to Santa Fe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, September 02, 2009