We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sea-Tac to Friday Harbor travel options

Which Friday Harbor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
East Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
16 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Sea-Tac to Friday Harbor travel options

I'm signing up for a weekend kayaking tour leaving from Friday Harbor. Flight will arrive at Sea-Tac at around 10:30am on Thursday. What's the best way to get to Friday Harbor? I am considering taking the lite rail and spending a few hours at Pike's Market before leaving.

It looks like our only choice with this timing may be a Kenmore Air float plane? the Victoria Clipper schedule shows a 7:45am departure. Am I missing other options?

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,680 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sea-Tac to Friday Harbor travel options

Belair charters runs an airport shuttle to Anacortes. From there you can take a ferry to SJI. Just depends on your schedule, but it is a time consuming location to get to as its sort of remote.

Friday Harbor...
Destination Expert
for San Juan Islands
Level Contributor
1,018 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sea-Tac to Friday Harbor travel options

If I understand you correctly you are flying into Seatac the same morning that your kayak trip leaves at 10:30 am out here on SJ island? Thats a tough schedule to make in one morning.

Here is info on flying out here from Seattle

Air

Kenmore Air Seaplanes 6321 NE 175th Street, Kenmore, WA 98028-0064. Phones: Administration, 425-486-1257; Reservations, 1-800-543-9595; Fax: 425-485-4774.

Provides daily scheduled flights from Seattle to Washington's San Juan Islands, British Columbia's Gulf Islands and to Victoria, British Columbia. Also offers private charters for waterside lunch, exploring remote islands, quick access to golf and other recreation, and weekend getaways to a variety of Northwest destinations reached by seaplane.

Northwest Seaplanes. 860 W. Perimeter Road, Renton, WA 98055. Phone: 425-277-1590; Toll-free: 1-690-0086; Fax: 425-277-8831. E-mail

Offers daily scheduled flights to the San Juan Islands and chartered flights to Vancouver Island and the Inside Passage.

San Juan Airlines. PO Box 1481, Renton, WA 98057. Toll-free: 1-800-874-4434.

Seattle, Wa
Level Contributor
4,162 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sea-Tac to Friday Harbor travel options

A float plane ride sounds like it would work best for you, since you want to see Pike Place (not Pike's) Market. It would also be very scenic. It's not the cheapest option--that would undoubtedly be the shuttle from Seatac as posted above. You would have to take rail back down to Seatac for that, I believe, though look at their website to see if they do downtown hotel pickup. You get to ride the very scenic WA state ferry from Anacortes, using that.

4. Re: Sea-Tac to Friday Harbor travel options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 pm, October 30, 2012