We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two days in Friday Harbor

Nokomis, Florida
Level Contributor
22 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Two days in Friday Harbor

My husband and I will be following up a five day stay in Port Angeles with a 2 day visit to Friday Harbor with our 24 yr old son. We will be staying in town and will not have a car. We are active and love to kayak. What would be your 2 or 3 "must see or do" in those two days?

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two days in Friday Harbor

I went to UVM...

This Inside Page, below, should help. You can rent vehicles in Friday Harbor, the best way to see the many sights. With two days, you'll have plenty of time to explore, so wouldn't worry about the 2 - 3 "must sees".

You can pick up kayak tour groups in FH, at the waterfront.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g58727-c102104/San-Ju…

FH is a good choice, as you'll see.

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Two days in Friday Harbor

Never mind! That page is useful but needs some work, and the website included therein is chaotic; I think it's been changed.

Must Sees!

British and American Camps, totally different; Google San Juan Island Pig War.

Walk/hike the trails.

Watch for rabbits, therefore Haws and Red Fox and Eagles at American Camp, road west, to South Beach.

Westcott Preserve, wonderful outdoor sculpture gardens.

Lime Kiln Point St. Park; lovely walk through woods to observation points (picnicking here and everywhere, BTW). Watch for whales, porpoises.

Roche Harbor and Friday Harbor. Galleries (Waterworks, especially.) Whale Museum.

Much more as you drive the various country roads.

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Two days in Friday Harbor

There we are at Lime Kiln or near. pretty place. Voyaging pretty well catches the highlights.

I was surprised at the early history. f

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Two days in Friday Harbor

I am the 15 pounder on the leash.

5. Re: Two days in Friday Harbor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 23, 2009