We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

my turn - Haven On the Bay through San Juan Island Vacations

Which Friday Harbor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tualatin, Oregon
Level Contributor
11 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
my turn - Haven On the Bay through San Juan Island Vacations

My husband and I are planning our 1st trip to San Juan Island this coming September. I've been searching through as many websites as I can find for a vacation rental for 4 nights. I also came across A Windance Cottage and have it on the top of my list since it is avaiable for the time we plan on being there. Today I found "Haven On the Bay" which is on Westcott Bay. It's always hard to tell from the pictures but it looks pretty cool. Anyone have any input on it before I take a chance?

THANKS!

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: my turn - Haven On the Bay through San Juan Island Vacations

Been there many times, but don't know of these two. You might find some helpful information by selecting my name, then select "Inside Page" for the one or two on the San Juan Islands.

Tualatin, Oregon
Level Contributor
11 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: my turn - Haven On the Bay through San Juan Island Vacations

Thank you very much for your quick response. We decided to go with A Windance Cottage since there is someone on this forum who had first hand knowledge of it and the chance of seeing the whales from our own front yard, so to speak. While we're on the Island, we'll take a look at Haven On the Bay for a future visit as I'm sure we'll want to return.

Can't wait for our trip!

Level Contributor
83 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: my turn - Haven On the Bay through San Juan Island Vacations

How was your stay at Windance Cottage? I also saw their website and was considering staying here during our upcoming vacation.

Thanks.

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: my turn - Haven On the Bay through San Juan Island Vacations

That's a pretty old post. I heard, FYI, that http://www.olympiclights.com/ is quite nice.

Tualatin, Oregon
Level Contributor
11 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: my turn - Haven On the Bay through San Juan Island Vacations

Hi there - even though it was a pretty old post as someone mentioned, that's not a problem! I have no problem recalling that we had a very nice time at A Windance Cottage. It was everything it was advertised to be and more. Great location, very quiet and comfortable. The cottage is not large but there was only the two of us so it was perfect for us. The pictures on their website were exactly how we found the place to look and be furnished. We never saw whales, seems they checked out the day before we arrived, but everything else was wonderful. We had great weather during our trip and will definitely plan on returning in the very near future and staying here again would be on our list.

Level Contributor
83 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: my turn - Haven On the Bay through San Juan Island Vacations

Thanks for your reply. It's very helpful.

7. Re: my turn - Haven On the Bay through San Juan Island Vacations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 14, 2010