We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A Windance Cottage?

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
120 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
A Windance Cottage?

Is anyone familiar with this vacation rental on San Juan Island? We'll be spending some time on the island this summer, and need a place that will accomodate myself, husband, and two children for no more than $300 a night. Windance looks nice, but they have quite a bit of availability in July and August, whereas other rentals I've looked at are pretty booked. I can't seem to find any reviews for them, so if anyone has any information they would like to share, I would really appreciate it. Thank You.

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,008 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A Windance Cottage?

I don't know Windance, but you might call about references? Perhaps vacancies because it is new??? You might, for other reasons, also check my Inside Pages about things to see and to do on San Juan Island.

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,008 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A Windance Cottage?

After looking again at their web site, it looks great, and the south, perhaps SW, exposure would be terrific. I know Lime Kiln Point State Park (which you definitely want to see), but don't recall noticing a sign for this lodging. Perhaps none is on the road, which is understandable.

Colorado
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: A Windance Cottage?

I know this reply to your question on the Windance Cottage is a little late, but we just returned from staying three nights there. It was wonderful. The cottage is on a five acre estate with the main house on the water. Greg and Jane encourage you to use the entire five acres. We watched the orca whales from the shore just outside of the main house. Each morning we shared breakfast with a deer that frequented the property. The cottage itself was beautiful. They keep it up nicely and it was very clean. There is a queen bed in the loft and one and a half beds in the alcove. Two small children could sleep comfortably there. They also have games and a few toys for the little ones. The cottage is very secluded, which we enjoyed. If you like the hussle bussle of town, this place is not for you. The drive is short, however, from Friday Harbor. After a day of site seeing, we

really enjoyed coming “home” to the cottage.

4. Re: A Windance Cottage?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 am, September 30, 2009