We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How IS the Emily Morgan hotel?

Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
How IS the Emily Morgan hotel?

I have read several reviews of the Emily Morgan Hotel. Has anyone stayed there recently? I was wondering if it is worth the $239.00 that I am paying each night for our Dec. Trip to San Antonio. I want a nice room by the riverwalk and this seemed to fit the bill until I read several of the negagtive reviews..I am beginning to wonder if I should cancel and rebook someplace else..Thanks..

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How IS the Emily Morgan hotel?

We first stayed at the Emily Morgan in September of 2003 and it couldn't have been better. We were really impressed. However, we returned July 2005 and were somewhat disappointed for two reasons. The first was that one of their ancient elevators was broken and we were forced to take the stairs with a stroller. The second was that the room (which was the exact one we stayed in the first time) smelled like smoke. However, these things are fixable and we are planning on staying this coming March.

Now for the positives. The location couldn't be better. We felt safe in this hotel because it was in a good neighborhood. Just a few steps from the alamo and within walking distance to just about everything like the mall.

Another thing was the staff. They couldn't have been nicer people. Everyone was always extremely polite and willing to help in every way. The customer service is excellent!

Another thing to take in account in deciding whether or not it's worth the $$$ are things like paying for the valet. It's a little steep. However, we accidently left a good amount of cash in our car and didn't remember until the next morning. Thank goodness that it was still there in the morning! So that's saying a little something about security. I found the valet guys to be very professional and prompt with our car.

Just my .02 - - Our past two stays at the Emily Morgan have been memorable and we plan on staying there again.

2. Re: How IS the Emily Morgan hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 am, August 26, 2009
Get answers to your questions about San Antonio