We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights from Italy

Liguria - Italy
Level Contributor
105 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Flights from Italy

Does anyone know which is the best and shortest way to fly from Italy to San Antonio? Is Dallas the nearest airport? Which are the best airlines?

Thanks

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights from Italy

San Antonio has an International airport, so it's the nearest airport...you don't want to fly to Dallas...it's too far away from SA. I checked Expedia.com, and I found that British Airways flies from Rome, Italy to London, England, and then you can take American Airlines directly from London to San Antonio. The roundtrip ticket was about $1800, and there are other airlines and options to choose from.....but I've flown American Airlines many times and always had good experiences with them. Good luck!

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights from Italy

oops...i double-checked and it appears that you have to make a stop in either Chicago or Houston....but the bottom line is that you can fly to San Antonio from London via American Airlines, Delta, United, etc.

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,184 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights from Italy

From Genova, Italy to San Antonio, Texas there are mulitple airlines, all with a change of planes. Connections either in Europe or in the US.

Look at Alitalia, Delta, Lufthansa and United to get you started.

Welcome to the US!!

Liguria - Italy
Level Contributor
105 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights from Italy

Thank you! I will probably ask you more infos I am only starting to plan my journey

Houston
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights from Italy

Check out Continental Airlines. They have a flight from Rome (FCO) to San Antonio. Only one connection, (Newark.) so less chance of losing your luggage. Prices start at about $1,200. I like to fly Continental. They have the youngest fleet of planes of the U.S. airlines and I've never experienced any unplesantness with them. Good luck.

6. Re: Flights from Italy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 pm, August 20, 2009