We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to Park?

Lockport, IL
Level Contributor
1,127 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Where to Park?

Hi everyone! My husband and I are taking our first trip down to Texas this Wednesday. We are staying for four days in New Braunfels, but we are planning to spend at least one late afternoon/evening in San Antonio to see the Riverwalk and maybe the Alamo. Is there somewhere to park that is reasonably priced and most importantly within walking distance to the Riverwalk?

Thanks in advance!

Tara

Austin, TX.
Level Contributor
4,889 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to Park?

First of all, The Alamo should be your priority when visiting SA. The Riverwalk is OK, but The Alamo has to be on your "must see" list. That being said, The Alamo closes at 5pm each day so get there around 4 or so at the latest.

There are a few parking lots around the Alamo and close to the Riverwalk, BUT all are very small and depending upon when you go, they could easily be filled.

You might try parking in the Rivercenter Mall Parking Garage. Anywhere you park will cost $5-$10 for the afternoon/evening.

Lockport, IL
Level Contributor
1,127 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to Park?

My dad said I wasn't allowed to come home without seeing the Alamo, so I guess we'll have to see it. :)

Thanks for the tip. I did a little research, and that does look like the most convenient parking spot.

Thank you again!

Level Contributor
91 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to Park?

Here is an interesting option for you. You can park for free at the Blue Star art complex. You have access to the riverwalk directly across the street but it may be a longer walk than you want before you get to the interesting stuff (but it is walk-able). Option 2 is to take the trolley (BLUE route) from Blue Star for 80 cents each way that will take you directly to the Alamo. Also, there are some open air parking lots on the street that runs just behind La Villita (very walk-able to the Alamo. Yet, another option is a lot directly across the street on Alamo St. from the Marriott at the corner of Alamo St and Durango. It's usually reserved parking only, but sometimes you get lucky and its open. Your best choice for proximity is going to be Rivercenter Mall parking garage.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to Park?

I know you have came and gone,but for future reference...The Parking garages are the most expensive...There are several park and lock outdoor locations which are reasonable...The best location is the one by the Hyatt...There are also plenty of parking

meters..Another free option is Park and Ride located all over town...

5. Re: Where to Park?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, August 24, 2009