We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BQ near Riverwalk

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,838 posts
260 reviews
Save Topic
BQ near Riverwalk

We will be in San Antonio for a convention this weekend. We will not want to be gone long periods, so are meals will be in or near the immediate area.

I know the Riverwalk is pretty touristy. Are there any BBQ places you can recomend within a short taxi ride? Also, where is the best nearby seagood?

Thanks!

City Sightseeing San Antonio
City Tours, Hop-On Hop-Off Tours, Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours
Gray Line Tours
Beer Tastings & Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , Bus Tours
Alamo Trolley Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Hop-On Hop-Off Tours, Sightseeing Tours
san antonio
Level Contributor
2,965 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BQ near Riverwalk

Go to the Pearl Brewery area, it's a short cab ride from DT or you can walk along the river or take a river taxi.

The Granary is supposed to have good BBQ, but I've never been.

Sandbar has great seafood, but fairly expensive. There are several other good restaurants in the same complex, not touristy.

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,580 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BQ near Riverwalk

County Line is good, not the best and a little pricey. I've never been to the Granary either. Again I think that it's a little upscale.

Houston
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,107 posts
363 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BQ near Riverwalk

Granary made Texas Monthly's Top 50 BBQ restaurants for 2013, but if you look at their dinner menu, it's definitely not traditional Texas BBQ:

http://thegranarysa.com/menu/

They appear to be closed on Sunday and Monday, for what it's worth.

Edited: 12:24 pm, August 29, 2013
san antonio
Level Contributor
2,965 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BQ near Riverwalk

I believe the menu at Granary for lunch is more traditional BBQ.

Houston
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,107 posts
363 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: BQ near Riverwalk

saeyedoc is absolutely right--I wasn't sure if lighthouselover was going for lunch or dinner. Thanks for clarification.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,805 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: BQ near Riverwalk

I have heard good things about Augies BBQ near the entrance to the Sunken Gardens in Brackenridge Park. Yelp had good comments too:

www.augiesbarbedwiresmokehouse.com/index.asp

The #7 Museum sightseeing VIA bus goes by Augies. Not the streetcar, but the big bus. Great info on VIA is at the SA Visitors Center across the street from the Alamo.

For seafood downtown/Riverwalk:

Biga's

Bella on the River

Ostra

Bohanans

and Luke's in the Embassy Suites Riverwalk which is a great place to stay:

http://lukesanantonio.com

Edited: 6:07 pm, August 30, 2013
7. Re: BQ near Riverwalk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, September 01, 2014