We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tell me the ins and outs of the St Anthony Hotel

Which San Antonio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Keller, TX
Level Contributor
15 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Tell me the ins and outs of the St Anthony Hotel

We booked a 2 queen room (superior) for 89.00 per night. We are Wyndham by request members. My question to anyone having stayed here before...I want to ask in advance for a certain room, as i know some are very small, and some are huge..its all hit or miss! Does anyone have a room number that they stayed her before or a certain area of the hotel that they enjoyed more than others? My fear is i will get one of the closet rooms lol!

We are staying for spring break, March 13-17...do you know if the trolley runs past this hotel also? Any info you can give me would be helpful. This is my little boys first trip to SA and we want to make it a memorable one, and not in the bad way! :)

Thanks,

Liz

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tell me the ins and outs of the St Anthony Hotel

I've never stayed at the St. Anthony, but I can see it from where I'm sitting right now, and I walk by it every day to come to work. I'm pretty sure that the San Antonio "trolly" goes by it - either in front on one street back (Houston Street). I would like to give you one word of caution - don't go across the street on the north side of the hotel - there is a park there where many streetpeople hang out. I've never had a problem with them, but it's best to not go there....especially at night. On a brighter note, from your hotel you can walk two blocks to the south and be right on the Riverwalk. Close by are Landry's Seafood and the Buckhorn, which is a restaurant / museum full of stuffed (real) animals and the like - a real Texas place. Across from the Alamo is Ripley's Believe it or Not Museum, which is a fun place for all. Enjoy your stay!

Keller, TX
Level Contributor
15 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tell me the ins and outs of the St Anthony Hotel

thanks :) I have been to SA several times, but this time i picked this hotel for the ambience, but do fear the room sizes...in that some get more while others get less for the same moola.

I have heard that about the street people..to unfortunate that the city wouldnt do more to clean it up due to the amount they charge for hotel taxes. I feel for the homeless, but SA depends on visitors for money, and that park is a central location for those visitors. Hopefully we wont be accosted, i will be with my rather large hubby *(ok so hes short and fat, but still large! LOL) I am so glad to hear its within walking distance to the buckhorn also, love that place, my 8 yr hasnt been there yet, cant wait. We love that place almost as much as seaworld, and definatly more than the zoo.

How lucky you are that you get to live in such a wonderful city!

Now is there anyone else who might have stayed at the St Anthony that wants to share :)

Liz

Keller, TX
Level Contributor
15 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tell me the ins and outs of the St Anthony Hotel

bumping for info on rooms at the st anthony!

Dallas, Texas
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Tell me the ins and outs of the St Anthony Hotel

We stayed at the St. Anthony last year in March. What a wonderful hotel. I love older non-cookiecutter type hotels and this was perfect. Close enough to the riverwalk to walk to but far enough away not to hear the noise. Concierge was helpful. Breakfast buffet was busy but good.

Roswell, New Mexico
Level Contributor
718 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tell me the ins and outs of the St Anthony Hotel

Stayed here last Christmas. My room (537) was OK, but a bit cramped and dark. My sister's room (533) was huge and had 2 full closets and baths, and was much better lighted. All in all, it was fairly nice. The lobby was gorgeous in all its Chritmas decorations. The gym was average, but suffered from the Lifecycle having a broken crank. We got a decent rate from Hotwire ($84), so we can't complain. While not our favorite place on the Riverwalk (the Hilton) it sure beats the sterile atmosphere of the Hyatt.

Get answers to your questions about San Antonio