We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Actual Suite on Riverwalk with two separate rooms??

Which San Antonio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Actual Suite on Riverwalk with two separate rooms??

Hello,

What's the best hotel to get an actual suite on the riverwalk? Of course ideally, I'd love a view of the river and a balcony.

We need two actual rooms with a dividing door. Not just large area but two rooms would be nice if possible. (Would like to put children to sleep in one room, hang out in the other after their bedtime.) It's ok if just a pull out couch too in the other room.

Thanks for the advice!

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,355 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Actual Suite on Riverwalk with two separate rooms??

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60956-i76-k578521…

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,077 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Actual Suite on Riverwalk with two separate rooms??

I second Embassy Suites on Houston St. on the Riverwalk. My daughter snores and I cannot sleep in same room with her so on a recent trip to San Antonio we got the living room/bedroom suite that had a door that could be completely shut. That's important because some hotels call their room a suite, but it will just be a half wall divider, not a door that can be closed so I don't hear her.

…hilton.com/en/…index.html

If you scroll through the pictures on website above you will see a room with a gold sofa and 2 red pillows. That was my room. I was very, very surprised that the pull out sofabed was actually comfortable. Some are horrible as I experienced months later in Shreveport. Also, we each had a flat screen TV in our room and a small frig.

In the lobby is a huge dining room where they have a huge breakfast buffet with lots of food including made to order omelets. I was very impressed and totally recommend it. We did valet parking, but there was a surface lot across the street for $20 per day (no in and out).

Not only is it on the river walk, but Houston Street on street level is quick route to Starbucks, Alamo, etc.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Actual Suite on Riverwalk with two separate rooms??

The Embassy suites does meet that criteria.

Homewood suites is another good choice & it has a full kitchen if that is important to you. www.homewoodsuitesriverwalk.com

If you are wanting a little more luxurious then check out the Westin. www.westin.com/riverwalk

Aubrey, Texas
Level Contributor
10,527 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Actual Suite on Riverwalk with two separate rooms??

Back in the day, I traveled a lot on business. So Hilton gave me and the family a couple of nights free in a suite at the Palacio del Rio. Two BR separated by a living area with small kitchen. Overlooked the river. Nice. I have no idea what it cost then or now.

Edited: 6:13 pm, May 04, 2013
Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
5,061 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Actual Suite on Riverwalk with two separate rooms??

Embassy Suites is now our preferred Riverwalk hotel. I believe you will not be disappointed as the beds are fantastic and the free amenities are without question the best downtown. Also like the location just a bit away from the nighttime Riverwalk madness.

Texas
Level Contributor
492 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Actual Suite on Riverwalk with two separate rooms??

I like Hotel Contessa. All rooms are suites.

7. Re: Actual Suite on Riverwalk with two separate rooms??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 08, 2014