We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good places to stay on Riverwalk

Porter, Indiana
Level Contributor
42 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
good places to stay on Riverwalk

As a follow up to my last inquiry, some hotels say "Riverwalk" but then list the riverwalk to be 2 blocks or so away. What street address should be a clue as to if it actually is on the riverwalk? Is it St. Mary or Alamo Streets? I am looking for a hotel with a scenic view of the riverwalk and the ability to walk outside the hotel to the walk without having to cross any major highways. Prices that I've seen have all been acceptable, I do want an outdoor pool for the kids. I checked on Drury and they seem booked on the days I want...Thanks for your help!

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: good places to stay on Riverwalk

you won't have to cross any major highways for hotels "close" to the riverwalk...just city streets, which are pretty safe for the most part. here's a list of hotels directly on the riverwalk that i would recommend based upon reviews and visiting them: Drury, La Mansion, Valencia, Watermark, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Contessa, Westin

Madison, WI
Level Contributor
33 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: good places to stay on Riverwalk

I just got back from the Contessa yesterday - I would highly recomend it. It is right on the riverwalk but it was very relaxing. Had a great places to eat and the rooms are wonderful (sitting area with couch, chairs, table, huge bathroom, bar area and wonderful feather beds).

3. Re: good places to stay on Riverwalk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, August 13, 2009