We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walkable ?

Which San Antonio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
216 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Walkable ?

Will be coming into S A by Amtrak. Wondering about walking from the station to our hotel. Not much baggage Two small rollers. Ether the Drury Plaza River Walk, or the Hyatt Regency. Late April or early May.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock
Level Contributor
15,175 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walkable ?

yes, they are walkable...however, if you are arriving late at night, you might wish to get a taxi- generally it is safe but you don't want to be trying to get your bearings late at night in an unfamliar place.

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
6,991 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walkable ?

As I recall it was a $10 taxi ride to a Drury

Edited: 8:27 am, March 03, 2013
Level Contributor
216 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walkable ?

Thanks for the info.Good point about arriving at night. Our train would get in apox. 22:00. $ 10.00 is not bad for a cab.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walkable ?

I agree with tejashombre it's safe but at night I would take the cab just to be safe + it's hard to see where you are walking in the dark.

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,384 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walkable ?

To clarify, San Antonio is a modern city with electric street lamps. :) Just teasing, Pruske. I couldn't resist.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Walkable ?

LOL HAHAHA Octoboy, I see where you are coming from on my comment but I'm sure you knew what I was trying to say, but your right. LOL

7. Re: Walkable ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 06, 2014
Get answers to your questions about San Antonio