We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel do you suggest?

Which San Antonio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sterling Heights, Mi
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Which hotel do you suggest?

Which hotel would you suggest for a couple who are age 60 and will not have a car while in San Antonio?

We want to be on the riverfront.We are looking at LaMasion del Rio, Hotel Valencia, Hyatt, and Westin.

Anyone have any comments you would like to share with us or any other hotels you would suggest? We will be coming mid April.

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
30 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotel do you suggest?

I was in San Antonio in 2003. We stayed at the Westin. We enjoyed it a lot. Very quiet, and exceptional rooms. Nice breakfast on the terrace restaurant.

We also checked out the La Mansion. We did not go inside a room though. It was in a quiet area as well. It, at the time, was a Preferred Hotel, and my experience with them has always been good.

Those would be my choices. I could find Hotel Valencia and I went through the Hyatt lobby. That's a busy area around the Hyatt.

Good luck with your search.

United States
Level Contributor
404 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotel do you suggest?

I have stayed at La Mansion del Rio and it was a wonderful hotel close to the busy part of the Riverwalk. The room was very nice. However, our room faced the Riverwalk, and it was pretty loud until about 2 in the morning.

We have just planned a stay at Hotel Valencia for Memorial Day weekend. We chose Valencia because it is on the quieter end of the Riverwalk, yet a few minutes walk from the restaurants and shopping. I've read all the reviews on Valencia and they all seem very positive.

Plainfield, Illinois
Level Contributor
44 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which hotel do you suggest?

I've found that La Mansion Del Rio is wonderful and in a quite area.Don't worry about a car check into the trolley and you can see everything down town

Roswell, New Mexico
Level Contributor
718 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which hotel do you suggest?

The Hyatt is awful and on the busy part of the river. The Hiton isn't bad, neither is the St. Anthony. The Valencia is nice, and La Mansion is supposed to be as well. My wife REALLY likes the Westin since it isn't on the crowded part of the river.

Sterling Heights, Mi
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Which hotel do you suggest?

Thanks to everyone for all your help. We have decide on La Mansion del rio.Will report back after our trip April 14 thru the 17th. I have spoken to several people who either have lived in San Antonio or who have stayed there and feel this is a good choice for us.Again thanks to everyone for you help.

Texas
Level Contributor
126 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which hotel do you suggest?

Let us know how you liked it?

I was going to suggest the Menger. Try the mango ice cream and the lunch buffet there if you get the chance.

Get answers to your questions about San Antonio