We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

19 Year old - 6 Days

Which San Antonio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
19 Year old - 6 Days

I'm currently 19 and live in the UK. My dads got a work conference in San Antonio which lasts 6 days and so he asked me if I wanted to tag along.

He will be working all the 6 days and so I'll hardly see him. Just wondering what there is to do there and if anyone recommends anything for me to do, baring in mind that I'll be going round on my own and that I'm 19.

Thanks

Edit: This is also my first time in america

Edited: 3:26 pm, January 23, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,359 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 19 Year old - 6 Days

San Antonio is a laid back city. There are touristy things to visit like the Alamo, the Riverwalk, El Mercardo. There are also bicycles to rent for the nearby sights. The issue in America is that the car is king. Everything is spread out. We think nothing of popping up to Austin for the day. (I'd suggest that to you also.) But it definitely requires a car. There are caverns, rivers, hiking within an hour's drive.) It is possible to get tours/transportation for some of these things, but the price is pretty steep.

We do have two theme parks - Sea World and Fiesta Texas. There's a nice zoo and a few museums.

If you're coming during basketball season, then a Spurs game is in order. If you're visiting in the fall, a high school (American) football game would be great to watch.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 19 Year old - 6 Days

Let us know some of your type of interest ??? so we can make good suggestions to you. ????

Will you be staying on the Riverwalk & the downtown area during your stay??? if not where will you be staying???

We will try to help you have a fantastic 1st time visit to Americas & especially in SA so please give us a little more info so we can help you have a good time while here.

IF you are staying on the Riverwalk definitely take the river tour cruise which is a 45 min narrated cruise along the riverwalk which will give you your bearings for the riverwalk & you'll know where things are that you may want to visit. www.rioSanAntonio.com

MJT
London
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
1,118 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 19 Year old - 6 Days

Absolutely.

San Antonio was the first place I ever visited in the USA and 23 years later it is still my favourite.

Plenty to do downtown in terms of culture and attractions and the Riverwalk is brilliant to just sit and people watch.

A wonderful oppotunity - grab it with both hands!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 19 Year old - 6 Days

Thank you for all the replies guys. Sorry I should have stated more information.

I'll be visiting from the 20th to 26th February.

I like pretty much most things however I'm not really a serious Museum/Art Gallery type of guy. Obviously I don't mind going to see thing which are "must see's" as those can be fairly interesting.

I enjoy bike riding alot and LOVE theme parks however I heard they might not be open and it may be a bit weird going there on my own.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Edited: 1:42 pm, January 24, 2013
San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 19 Year old - 6 Days

Where Are you staying in the downtown area if not where ???? which can make a difference for suggestions in things to do ???

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 19 Year old - 6 Days

Staying at the spring suits by marriot if that helps.

Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 19 Year old - 6 Days

I'm not from SA, so can't advise, but this link may give you some ideas and perspective. visitsanantonio.com/visitors/play/index.aspx

There are 2 Springhill suites. One is downtown, the other on the NW loop (410). Do you know which one??

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 19 Year old - 6 Days

Thanks for the link! Will check it out and I'm staying downtown.

9. Re: 19 Year old - 6 Days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, January 27, 2014