We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel ON Riverwalk with suites and balcony?

flyover country
Level Contributor
33 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel ON Riverwalk with suites and balcony?

I'm trying to plan a trip that would include me, hubby, teenage daughter, and her teenage friend. I'd really prefer a hotel that's right in the middle of things, with a balcony overlooking the Riverwalk. I can find these, but none of them seem to offer suites. Any suggestions would be appreciated. A Hilton or Marriott branded hotel would be best (due to points), but I'm not finding exactly what I want with those brands. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel ON Riverwalk with suites and balcony?

Because my daughter and I both snore we got a lovely 2 room at the Embassy Suites on the Riverwalk. The bedroom had 2 doubles and she closed the door and I slept on the Double sofa bed in the Living Room and it was the ONLY comfortable sofa bed I have ever slept on. If you wanted a rollaway for 2nd girl that would be able to fit. Room had teeny tiny balcony that you could not step out on. It was for looks, but I understand they do have good balconies. Flat screen TV in each room and frig. Embassy S had huge dining room in the lobby with great free full breakfast and in the evening Managers Cocktails.

Lots of good reviews here on Trip Advisor for the E.S.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef7_VdJjxAw

Edited: 1:43 pm, January 09, 2013
Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
5,601 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel ON Riverwalk with suites and balcony?

Embassy Suites Riverwalk has become our favorite riverwalk hotel. I wholeheartedly agree with Gtowngal. It is the newest hotel on the river and you can get a river view.

I suspect you know Embassy Suites is a Hilton property.

Edited: 4:47 pm, January 09, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,519 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel ON Riverwalk with suites and balcony?

The Hotel Contessa is a suite hotel but pricey. I got it for next weekend (Cocktail Conference) on HotWire for less than $100 per night.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel ON Riverwalk with suites and balcony?

As Gehrig said the Embassy is part of the Hilton chain & they have 2 bedroom suites but not a balcony.

Yep your right the Marriott & Hilton's on the RW don't have separate rooms suites the ones that do have it don't have balconies or there they are not the riverwalk.

I'm guessing when you say suite you are meaning the 2 separate rooms, correct.

Edited: 2:39 am, January 10, 2013
flyover country
Level Contributor
33 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel ON Riverwalk with suites and balcony?

Yes, by "suite" I mean two separate rooms. It doesn't have to be two separate bedrooms - a sofa bed in the living area would be fine. I just don't want us all sleeping in the same room.

flyover country
Level Contributor
33 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel ON Riverwalk with suites and balcony?

After reading reviews, it sounds like the Embassy Suites is not right on the riverwalk - one review said it was "right across the street." That's not what I'm looking for. I want to be right on the river.

New Braunfels, TX
Level Contributor
160 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel ON Riverwalk with suites and balcony?

It's not a Hilton property but the La Mansion del Rio has suites with riverview balcony (Ambassador Riverview rooms).

omnihotels.com/FindAHotel/SanAntonioLaMansio…

flyover country
Level Contributor
33 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel ON Riverwalk with suites and balcony?

I've stayed at La Mansion in the past and loved it, but the rooms aren't really suites with a separate bedroom. They'd be ideal if it were just hubby and I and our daughter, but with the addition of a friend I want at least one separate bedroom for everyone's privacy.

So, it looks like what I want (separate bedroom/balcony/right on the riverwalk) doesn't exist. What are the best options if I give up the balcony?

Edited: 10:41 am, January 10, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
Level Contributor
160 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel ON Riverwalk with suites and balcony?

I agree with Octoboy and also like the Contessa

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,519 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel ON Riverwalk with suites and balcony?

There are two Drurys - Drury Inn & Suites Riverwalk is on the river; Drury Plaza Hotel Riverwalk is one block off.

Get answers to your questions about San Antonio