We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Choices

Which San Antonio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
8,746 posts
260 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant Choices

Our party of three adults will be in San Antonio, staying in the Riverwalk area, for 6 nights. While we love Mexican food, I doubt we'll want it every day. We're only interested in casual dining and will eat most anything. Indian food is probably our least favorite. We will have a car a don't mind driving around town. I know we'll be visiting Sea World, the Alamo and other missions and certainly some other sites.

We're already planning to try La Margarita and Mi Tierra. Dough Pizzeria looks pretty good for something different. We'd like to try some Texas style barbecue. (Oh! My Memphis friends and family would flip over that statement!!!) Any suggestions on that? Any other favorites that we shouldn't miss?

Thanks in advance for your help.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
219 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Restaurant Choices

Gotta second 1LIFE2LIVE's recommendation of Tip Top for great chicken fried steak. Their onion rings are outstanding too, though the portion size is ridiculous (e.g., don't order for one).

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
219 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Restaurant Choices

I'm a big fan of Chris Madrid's burgers also. The cheddar cheezy is awesome, though about as unhealthy a menu item as you'll ever find... well, maybe not as unhealthy as that big chicken fried steak I recommended in the post above, haha.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
27,750 posts
403 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Restaurant Choices

Having eaten both Texas BBQ in Luling/Lockhart and Houston and Memphis style BBQ I can assure you Deb that yes you will still like your Memphis BBQ. The pork and the sauces we use here in the south are so different from the Texas style. Yes we had good food and the BBQ was good but give me my southern/Memphis style BBQ anytime!!

14. Re: Restaurant Choices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, December 16, 2013
Get answers to your questions about San Antonio