We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riverwalk boat rides

Lacygne, Ks
Level Contributor
55 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Riverwalk boat rides

I think I'd like to do the boat thing. Where do I buy tickets? How much are they? I think there might be different choices-which is the best? I've looked at a website but didn't get much help. Thanks in advance. This site is awesome.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,813 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riverwalk boat rides

All your questions are answered at their website. I like to hop on it at the Rivercenter Mall just outside the Food Court.

http://riosanantonio.com/?page_id=2

$8.25 Adults and $2 children

I may stand corrected, but I believe this is the only rivercruise on the Riverwalk.

It's lots of fun and if you are coming Nov/Dec you are in for a beautiful ride. They put lights in all the trees. It's gorgeous!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgMTmGzgvrE

Mentioned in this post
River Walk
River Walk
22,032 Reviews
San Antonio, TX
San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riverwalk boat rides

Yes there is only 1 type of river-cruise which is a 45 min narrated cruise with lots of good info + help you to get your bearings for the riverwalk + a great way to see it.

www.rioSanAntonio.com

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,684 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riverwalk boat rides

The same company provides taxi service on the river.

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
6,482 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riverwalk boat rides

There are several different places you can buy tickets and board the boats. I would take a look at the map and see which is nearest your hotel. You can board at the Aztec as well as across from the Hilton.

riosanantonio.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11…

Lacygne, Ks
Level Contributor
55 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Riverwalk boat rides

Thanks again, everyone. I can't wait until next week!

South Jersey
Level Contributor
3,449 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Riverwalk boat rides

It looks like my best for a hop on hop off would be a yellow route taxi day pass? We would like to use it to go from Embassy Suites to Zocca for dinner and then seeing the lights.

ICHINGtoGO
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Riverwalk boat rides

I live in Texas. San Antonio to be specific and on the Riverwalk for two years. Being from Carolina I don't like Texas all that much (HOT) but I have to say The Riverwalk is the real deal, started in the 20's as a flood control project then morphed into a tourist area. It must be seen to be appreciated. You can see everything there in about four days or add a couple to explore 300 year old Spanish Missions or just slow down a bit. Also the distance between The Riverwalk and the Alamo is just through the Hyatt Lobby. My favorite hotel is La Posada it used to be St Mary's College Law School, in the spanish style and St Mary's Church is still active. The restaurant is also supremo "New American" although good food is easy to come by as long as it's TexMex. A bit of a hunt for others. Happy Trails!

Mentioned in this post
Texas
Texas
United States
River Walk
River Walk
22,032 Reviews
San Antonio, TX
The Alamo
The Alamo
15,706 Reviews
San Antonio, TX
Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
6,482 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Riverwalk boat rides

I think ICHINGtoGO means La Mansion not La Posada...

ICHINGtoGO
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Riverwalk boat rides

Correct. Sorry for the misdirect.

10. Re: Riverwalk boat rides

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, December 10, 2013
Get answers to your questions about San Antonio