We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Directions and parking for Riverwalk

Arlington...
Level Contributor
283 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Directions and parking for Riverwalk

My wife and I will be visiting her father near Austin at the end of September and would like to visit the riverwalk. Her father has not been to SA and not sure about navigating the city. Can someone please direct me from I 35 from Austin to the best parking lot to start the walk. We want to eat lunch at Boudros or Esquire Tavern, and visit the Alamo, so showing me where they are in relation to the walk would be great. I cannot find a good map that will show me what I need. Any help at all would be so appreciated. Thank you!

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
16,079 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Directions and parking for Riverwalk

take I 35 downtown to SA, then Take I 37 South to Corpus..1/4 mile...exit on Commerce,,, one way direction to the west...go down past the big orange sculpture and stay in the left lane... on the right you will pass the Mickey D's ..on the left is Schilo's Deli, Info Center, USO...atop these is the city public parking called Riverbend.... stay in the far left lane...entrance ramp will be there or just left around the corner.

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,470 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Directions and parking for Riverwalk

100% correct! (except the garage is no longer run by the city.) Still a GREAT place to park.

Arlington...
Level Contributor
283 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Directions and parking for Riverwalk

Thank you both for responding. That helps a lot. Now I can locate the restaurants and the Alamo from the garage. :)

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Directions and parking for Riverwalk

You were given good info from the above poster.

Here is a website to find riverwalk & downtown area to see where things are. You should also take the river tour cruise which is a 45 min narrated cruise along the riverwalk with lots of good info + it will help you to get your bearings for the riverwalk. www.rioSanAntonio.com

for the maps here is this website. www.visitSanAntonio.com click on PLAN to see the different maps of riverwalk & downtown area.

Edited: 5:03 am, September 13, 2012
Arlington...
Level Contributor
283 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Directions and parking for Riverwalk

Thank you Pruske25! :)

6. Re: Directions and parking for Riverwalk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, September 16, 2013