We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mission church services - question for Octoboy

Southeast Missouri
Level Contributor
243 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Mission church services - question for Octoboy

Octoboy,

I happened to be on the Memphis forum tonight and saw your posting relating to church services that have been created with tourists in mind, like a mariachi mass. I hadn't thought about attending church while in San Antonio because I'll only be there a short time, but your posting intrigued me. I'll be in SA in June for a conference, with meetings primarily in the day - would there be any chance of attending a church service at one of the historic missions during my visit?

Mentioned in this post
Hill Counry Tours
Sightseeing Tours
Alamo Trolley Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Hop-On Hop-Off Tours, Sightseeing Tours
San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,689 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mission church services - question for Octoboy

We've got more Catholic Churches than you can shake a stick at her in SA. You should be able to work out a time that fits your schedule. In addition to the missions we have a cathedral and the Basilica of the Nation Shrine of the Little Flower.

The Archdiocese of San Antonio has a listing of churches and you can click to see their mass schedule archdiosa.org/parishes/counties/bexar.html

I would call to verify, just to make sure.

Here are some -

Mission Concepción - Sunday 10 am

Mission San Juan Capistrano - Sunday 9am, 10:45am

San Francisco de la Espada Mission - Sunday 10am

Mission San Jose - Sunday 7:30am, 9:00am,10:30am & noon - I believe the noon mass is the Mariachi Mass

San Fernando Cathedral (downtown and has a gift shop)- weekdays 6:15 am, 12:45pm, several on Sunday

Little Flower - every weekday noon and 5:30 pm, several on sunday

Mentioned in this post
San Francisco
San Francisco
California
Mission San Jose
Mission San Jose
2,908 Reviews
San Antonio, TX
Get answers to your questions about San Antonio