We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel distance

south africa
Level Contributor
14 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Travel distance

Can someone please tell me how far is Houston from San Antonio by car?

Thank you

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel distance

According to Google maps, it is 199 miles and takes about 3 hours and 20 minutes to drive - https://maps.google.com/maps

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel distance

It also depends on what part of Houston you are traveling to but to reach the Houston City Limits is about 3 1/2 hrs & then it depend on what part you are traveling to.

south africa
Level Contributor
14 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel distance

thank you. much appreciated

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
784 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel distance

You people must drive extremely slow! The speed limit now between Houston and SA is 75 in many places. I would say 3 hours. We live in Cypress on the NW side of Houston and it takes us about 2.5 hours. If it takes you more than 3, you live on the East side of Houston, or you are a really pokey driver. At 70 MPH, 199 miles is a little over 2.5 hours.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
784 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel distance

I will add that we usually drive 75-80 and you will find many other drivers on I-10 going that speed,

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel distance

Actually I've haven't driven to Houston since they just change the speed limit so maybe it's a little faster now. Last time we went was in Feb when the speed limit wasn't that.

south africa
Level Contributor
14 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel distance

thanks to you all. crystal clear now.

8. Re: Travel distance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 02, 2013
Get answers to your questions about San Antonio