We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phantom Burger?

Which San Antonio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Phantom Burger?

Does anyone remember a drive in called the Phantom Burger from the late 1960's? It was not far from Fort Sam. Is it still there? Thanks much. Chuck...

San Antonio, Texas
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
2,198 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phantom Burger?

No, and No. There was a Frontier Burger, not far from Ft. Sam, Harry Wurzbach area but its not there any longer. I cannot remember any of of the places around Grayson Street. And I cannot recall it on Broadway.

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phantom Burger?

Thank you very much, Wes. It may have been Frontier Burger. This place had a big fan on the roof that sucked out all the great smelling burger smell. I'm thinking the Phantom MAY have been in Killeen. I'll check there. Thanks again. Chuck...

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Phantom Burger?

I've never heard of it but that doesn't mean that it wasn't. I just don't know anything about it or heard of it.

3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Phantom Burger?

The phantom burger I know of was at Ft Hood

Killeen,Tx and it was down a way from the main gate. It was owned by James Hyme. I worked there. Had the best burgers and home made onion rings.

3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Phantom Burger?

Killeen,Tx and it was down a way from the main gate. It was owned by James Hyme. I worked there. Had the best burgers and home made onion rings.

3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Phantom Burger?

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
15,270 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Phantom Burger?

if you are visiting again, there are other greasy spoon places for hamburgers

8. Re: Phantom Burger?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, December 17, 2013
Get answers to your questions about San Antonio