We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurants other than Mexica

Kansas
Level Contributor
55 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
restaurants other than Mexica

Oddly enough, I am looking for restaurant options other than Mexican....in SW Kansas we have many truly authentic options and am not comin to SA for Mexican food (although will surely partake of some!)..any other suggestions for local flavor, not too expensive.....?

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,553 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: restaurants other than Mexica

Being an 09er I'm not familiar with Trilogy Pizza & Wine Bistro - location? review?

My favorite pizza joints are Florio's just off Broadway behind the Lincoln Heights Shopping Center; Big Lou's on W.W. White; Sorento's on Broadway in Alamo Heights; Volare's on Broadway in Alamo Heights; Main Street Pizza on (you guessed it) across from SAC.

Roswell, New Mexico
Level Contributor
718 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: restaurants other than Mexica

Ibiza is nothing special. BBQ, Liberty Bar, Schilo's are all good.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: restaurants other than Mexica

Ham..When in Austin,there is still the original Hoover's..It is unfortunate,as I used to work with one of the co-owners..O'Boy..Is the Main Street Pizza,in the building where Sreak and Egg used to be,next to the old Brass Monkey?..Do you like Caparelli's or La Fonda on Main??

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: restaurants other than Mexica

1Life - thanks for the info on the Austin Hoovers - i'm still bummed about the one here, because i sure like good southern "soul" food. hey Octoboy, Trilogy is a fairly new pizza place located in the shopping center at Stone Oak and Huebner. I've been there twice, and they do have some pretty tasty pizza - we've had the New York-style (thin crust) meat pizza, which rocked as well as the Italian-style "margarita" (sp?) pizza with tomato, basil, and cheese, which was decent, but being the carnivore that i am, i prefer the meat pizzas. if you're ever in the area, then it's definitely worth it even though it's a little more expensive than what i would usually pay for pizza. However, in the same shopping center is Thai Canyon (like someone else mentioned), and it is some of the best Thai food I've ever had (good spicy red curry chicken!) - the atmosphere is nice, and they have reasonably priced sushi as well.

Kansas
Level Contributor
55 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: restaurants other than Mexica

Thanks to all for your great input......We are staying on the riverwalk and are not renting a car.....there from Sat. PM to Tues. AM....so decided we would choose from places within walking distance or short cab ride......Hoping your suggestions do fit the bill....Realize that many Riverwalk places are probably overpriced but certainly would enjoy close in places for drinks and or light snacks....Durty Nellie's sounds like just what we want for that....daughters are into Irish pubs....Place of same name near Shannon Airport by Bunratty Castle that they love so I thought they would enjoy this in SA. Thanks again!

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: restaurants other than Mexica

Sorry,I did not comment on Durty Nellies..Great riverwalk location,safe,at the base of the Hilton,and you can throw your peanut shells on the floor..Have Fun!!!

san antonio
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: restaurants other than Mexica

On the River try County Line for BBQ.