We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for Valentine's Day

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions for Valentine's Day

Besides the usual flowers, chocolates, wine & fancy dinner, does anyone have any unique ideas on what to do for that special someone on Valentine's Day? I heard that a certain Ham from Texas will be Hamming it up on stage at the Josephine Theater on Tuesday the 14th, and I'm sure I'll be there for that. ; - ) ...just not sure what to do after that. Any ideas for something different?

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,505 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for Valentine's Day

OK "romantic" is in the eye of the beholder - One of my favorite romantic dinners is to pack a picnic - cheese, bread, fruit, wine and head up to Canyon Dam on a clear moonless night.

Well Ham you thespian you. At the SALT there doing a local production of the Vagina Monologues as a charity event. Probably conflicts with Hamming it up. Casbeers is serving up "Romantic" Blues along with a special steak dinner. Not sure of details (price, times.)

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions for Valentine's Day

i like the picnic at the Canyon Dam idea...i'll probably save that for another day. by the way, it's a one night show of a modern version of "Much Ado About Nothing". Ham plays the villain. should be fun.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions for Valentine's Day

Ham..What about getting a room at The Valencia,Watermark or Contessa? Call concierge ahead,to have Rose petals,candles and chocolate covered strawberries waiting..A midnight dip,champagne,and perhaps a spa tratment in the morning...Only the best for my friend...

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions for Valentine's Day

1Life, that is a most excellent idea! now, you've got me thinking in the direction that my wife would really love - champagne & a spa day...hmmm....