We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Antonio area in April

Which San Antonio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Hampshire
Level Contributor
32 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
San Antonio area in April

I am coming for a week in April arriving at SA airport and eventually traveling north to midlothian (family)and then driving back down for a return flight. Can anyone recommend somewhere to stay in/around SA or area (possibly new braunfels) if not too far away. We will have a car.

What can we expect the weather to be?

Any ideas of what to expect for traffic?

ANybody know anything about the Best Western in Midlothian? If no good suggest something else.

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,392 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Antonio area in April

Traffic on I-35 will be bad, stick to 281 and you'll do better. Plan on about four hours or so.

I'm wondering why you're not flying into DFW? Seems like that'd be a lot closer.

As to where to stay, realy depends on where you wan to be. Do you have a specific agenda while you're here in SA? New Braunfels is about a 30 - 45 minute drive (depending on where you're headed) to SA.

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
32 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Antonio area in April

We are not flying into DFW becasue of expense. It was an additional $100 dollars and the rate on the car was $350 to pick up and drop off in anotehr location.

As for adgenda... typical tourist stuff, alamo, riverwalk, caverns, etc.

Thought we might stay in New Braunfels but wonder if it might be too far away. Anything (decently priced) in SA? Ina safe, clean area???

Get answers to your questions about San Antonio