We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Antonio Restaurants

Ft. Lauderdale...
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
San Antonio Restaurants

Do you recommend Boudro's for lunch or dinner? I haven't seen very many posts on Il Sogno vs. Tre Trattoria. Anyone want to weigh in on which they like better?

ALEXANDRIA va
Level Contributor
759 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Antonio Restaurants

Well, if you have your heart set on the Crab Quesidilla or blue crab tostada, We found out the hard way that Boudros only will serve its' Crab Quesadilla or blue crab tostada at LUNCH time since it is not on the dinner menu. Perhaps if it had not had a long waiting long even for those with reservations at dinner time they would have been more flexible but I did appreciate their candor right upfront when we asked before signing up for the waiting list. The fact that people with reservations were waiting and complaining about their wait or being seated inside in the cave like rooms instead of outside on the riverwalk were ahead of us in the line to talk with the greeter/seater probably did not put him in a good mood to make an exception for us or they could have been out of crab. The place was packed and we moved on so the people in the line behind us could get their chance.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Antonio Restaurants

I have to agree with Charm it depends on what you want to eat. Check out the menu to see which appeals to you more than any ??? just ask ???.

Personally I prefer Boudro's for an early dinner around 5:00 pm where it's not as busy as around 6:30 pm. The food is good for either seating just depends on what your preference is.

www.boudros.com

NY
Level Contributor
23 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: San Antonio Restaurants

We went for both lunch and dinner last week while there for a conference. Inside for lunch, outside for dinner. Both meals excellent. Maybe the ambiance a little better at dinner, lots of people watching and fun sitting outside. Reservations a must. We got there at 530 and got one of the last tables.

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,684 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: San Antonio Restaurants

Zinc is run/owned by the same folks and serves good food too. Ambiance is not as nice, but usually much less of a wait.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
18,521 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: San Antonio Restaurants

if you are having trouble deciding or for variety' s sake -you could stop by Boudro's for a break and people watch and have their most popular items i.e. the guacomole salad and prickly pear margarita and then opt for another spot to have lunch or dinner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcG_vxddWIk

Edited: 3:17 am, June 21, 2012
6. Re: San Antonio Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 23, 2013
Get answers to your questions about San Antonio