We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mexican restaurants on the riverwalk

Which San Antonio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
austin
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
mexican restaurants on the riverwalk

A lot of people said to stay away from mexican on the riverwalk but can it be that bad? Can anybody recommend a decent mexican restaurant with good atmosphere and resonably priced? Were staying on the riverwalk and want to stay close. Also does anyone know of a place that has good cajun food, maybe for lunch. (doesnt have to be on the riverwalk)Thanks for any suggestions!

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
21. Re: mexican restaurants on the riverwalk

I like Zuni on the river walk... pricey, but good food. I had the smoked chicken quesadilas... mmm! And the margarita I had there was easily the best I've ever had.

Isn't there a place also (not on the RiverWalk) called Tomatillas? Seems like I recall a place like that and having some really rocking good sour cream chicken enchiladas there years ago...

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: mexican restaurants on the riverwalk

yes, Tomatillas is still open and is located on Broadway a few miles northeast of downtown.

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
23. Re: mexican restaurants on the riverwalk

is it good or do I have a fuzzy memory of it?

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: mexican restaurants on the riverwalk

well, it's one of the oldest in town to my knowledge, and many people love it! i ate there once about a year or so ago, and i don't know if i'll ever go back - maybe i went on an off-day? maybe i ordered the wrong thing? who knows? i just remember my enchiladas were swimming in grease and the rest of the food did not thrill me. i've had much better in SA....(El Mirador, Rosarios, Blanco Cafe, Picante Grill, etc.)

Get answers to your questions about San Antonio