We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riverwalk area: Great Steak Restaurant?

Vienna, Virginia
Level Contributor
62 posts
249 reviews
Save Topic
Riverwalk area: Great Steak Restaurant?

We are looking for a good steak restaurant within a mile or so of the Riverwalk. We will not have a car, so a reasonable walk...

Thank you...already know we will get the best advice!

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,596 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riverwalk area: Great Steak Restaurant?

Bohanans would be my first choice.

Others - Palm, Ruth Chris, and Little Rhein

San Antonio, Texas
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
2,245 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riverwalk area: Great Steak Restaurant?

Best steak: Bohanan's also most expensive, but #2 in the State

Best location: Little Rhien

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riverwalk area: Great Steak Restaurant?

You got great advice for great steakhouses which you mentioned in your heading..In your form you changed to good steakhouses...There is Texas Land And Cattle and Saltgrass right on the river that fits the latter...They also serve a very good steak in the Tower of the Americas complete with a birds eye view of the city(the restaurant rotate as well)...

Vienna, Virginia
Level Contributor
62 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riverwalk area: Great Steak Restaurant?

Thank you for all the 'great' advice! A little scary to find Bohanans doesn't even list their menu prices...if you have to ask, it is too expensive...

I will be visiting in late August; a mother/daughter trip...worth the splurge.

Thank you...and especially enjoyed 1live2live's comment on my great/good faux pas.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Riverwalk area: Great Steak Restaurant?

For a good steak, I agree with Texas Land & Cattle & Saltgrass.

For great steak, I agree Bohanan's & the Chart House on top of Tower of the Americas www.toweroftheamericas.com a spectacular view of SA as the tower rotates around. There is Chicago Steakhouse, Palm & Ruth Chris as well.

Personally I would skip the Little Rhien, steaks are ok but not great & way overprice for what you get, you would be better off going to Bohanan's for that price.

San Antonio, Texas
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
2,245 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Riverwalk area: Great Steak Restaurant?

Bohanans can be real expensive, the Akaushi steaks will set you back @ least $100 per steak. If you stay away from those you are looking around $50 per steak, about what you would pay at The Palm, or Ruth Chris.

Good, I would agree with Texas Land & Cattle. Saltgrass is ok, too much salt for me, makes the steak taste good, but I generally have to drink a gallon of water all night. Saltgrass & Charthouse are in the same chain.

Edited: 7:35 pm, July 12, 2010
GiggleGut
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Riverwalk area: Great Steak Restaurant?

Fogo de Chao is also a great choice. It's not exacly on the riverwalk but at the River Center Mall area.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
303 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Riverwalk area: Great Steak Restaurant?

I concur with GiggleGut! It's not a traditional steakhouse, but Fogo de Chao is pretty darn fabulous. It's a Brazilian steakhouse with SO. MUCH. MEAT! People always rave about their salad bar as well.

It's at Rivercenter mall so it's close to where you will be staying DT.

There are several Fogo de Chao's across the country, so if there is one near you in VA, then it's probably a good idea to go somewhere that you can't get in VA.

9. Re: Riverwalk area: Great Steak Restaurant?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:23 am, January 29, 2011
Get answers to your questions about San Antonio