We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking Near the RiverWalk

Which San Antonio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
nem
United States
Level Contributor
317 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Parking Near the RiverWalk

Hi,

I will be spending my Thanksgiving holiday in San Antonio. I will be staying at the Westin Riverwalk, but I do not want to pay for the hotel parking fee. Are there any 24 hour parking garages near there or any street parking near the Riverwalk. What will you recommend as far as parking in that area or should I just park at the hotel instead?

Also, are there any great seafood restaurants in that area.

Thanks for your help

San Antonio, TX
Level Contributor
571 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking Near the RiverWalk

You may to self park as it would be cheaper than valet. There is a garage directly across from the Westin and you also have the Riverbend Garage about a block or so east of the Westin on Market St. I don't know if this is a 24 hour garage, but I figure they would just charge you for the daily max rate. I haven't eaten there, but a few posts have recommended Pesca on the River at the Watermark Hotel. Check out the city guide review in the restaurant section of this site.

Austin, TX.
Level Contributor
4,889 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking Near the RiverWalk

You are probably better off parking at your hotel as all downtown parking is expensive ($10-$20 a day).

Great seafood in San Antonio? You're too far from the coast. Stick with what SA is famous for, GREAT Mexican food. El Mirador is close to downtown and very good.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking Near the RiverWalk

I am with Steve..I have been racking my brain to find great seafood for you..I personally don't think there is a great one..In that area you can try Pesca's(I have not)..Also Boudro's is a very good restaurant on the river,and has a handful of seafood items..Water Street Oyster Bar is good..Papadeux's is good,and Sea Island is good...As for parking,circle the area..There are several open air lots..The one that comes to mind,is on Navarro(by the Hard Rock Cafe)..

Austin, TX.
Level Contributor
4,889 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking Near the RiverWalk

"Sea Island is good"

Be advised this is a fast food type place. If it is anything like the one that used to be in Austin, I'd pass. Their famous "lemom pepper fish" was not very good at all.

nem
United States
Level Contributor
317 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking Near the RiverWalk

Thanks for all of your responses.

I just returned back from San Antonio. I parked in the parking garage (Navarro & Market Street) that is directly across the street from the Westin. I paid $9 for 24 hours and I parked there for two days. Their rates were pretty cheap. I did see the Presca restaurant, but decided to eat there during my next visit. I ate at Rosario's in the King William District.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking Near the RiverWalk

What was your opinion of Rosario's?? It always get's very high reviews..

nem
United States
Level Contributor
317 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parking Near the RiverWalk

I thought that Rosarios was pretty neat. It was very noisy and I had trouble hearing, but it did not bother me. The food was great, but not spectacular. The service was very excellent. I will probably consider going there again unless there are some better Mexican restaurants in the area. I had lunch at another place called the Original Mexican along the Riverwalk and their food was horrible. So Rosarios was a treat for me.