We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Econo Lodge Central, 6015 IH 10 West, SA, TX 78201 ?

Fort Lauderdale, FL
9 posts
Save Topic
Econo Lodge Central, 6015 IH 10 West, SA, TX 78201 ?

Planning to stay there for 5-6 days in January 06. Is it safe? Thanks for info and advice.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Econo Lodge Central, 6015 IH 10 West, SA, TX 78201 ?

This is a questionable area. While you may be just fine, I think it would be better to find a hotel a little further northwest on I-10 between Wurzbach and 1604. Try contacting this Motel 6 (I've stayed here before and thought it was just fine...it's in a lot safer area too): tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60956-d239972-…

San Antonio, TX
Level Contributor
575 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Econo Lodge Central, 6015 IH 10 West, SA, TX 78201 ?

I also think you would be better off getting something a little farther west on IH 10. You will have a lot more restaurant and shopping choices toward the IH 10/Wurzbach and 1604 areas. Although I don't think the area of the Econo Lodge you are considering is unsafe, it is in an older neighborhood and there is also a lot of construction on that section of IH 10. If you decide to stay at this Econo Lodge I would recommend you try La Fogata, located on Vance Jackson between IH 10 and Loop 410, for some good authentic Mexican food.

Fort Lauderdale, FL
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Econo Lodge Central, 6015 IH 10 West, SA, TX 78201 ?

Thank you folks very much. You are so helpful. I am going to post another message regarding my pre-relocation trip. Hoping to get more inputs from you. Thank you again.

Get answers to your questions about San Antonio