We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spring break question for public schools

US
Level Contributor
272 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Spring break question for public schools

I am curious if all TX public schools have spring break the same week. I noticed that both Six Flags are open all week during the third week of March. If everybody is off the same week, are theme parks way too crowded to enjoy that week? A few reviews on Sea World imply that the waits are horrible that week.

Thanks!

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spring break question for public schools

Most, if not all, schools are off that week, including the University of Texas and other public universities. Theme parks and beaches tend to be very crowded that week.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,400 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spring break question for public schools

Schools in our area are closed that week as well. Like Ted said, I'd expect everything to be crowded.

US
Level Contributor
272 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spring break question for public schools

Thanks, that's what I was afraid of. Our schools here have very different schedules and our spring break just happens to fall that week. We really struggle to find places to go since many theme parks haven't opened yet.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spring break question for public schools

Theme Parks in SA aren't as crowded as others are. Yes there is a lot of people but there's more in the summer. More of the high school kids go to the coast or Mexican Riveria for Spring Break actually it's a better time to go than the summer.

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,553 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spring break question for public schools

Schlitterbahn is also a great park. They don't have their schedule up yet, but my guess is that they'll be open too.

6. Re: Spring break question for public schools

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, July 13, 2010
Get answers to your questions about San Antonio