We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brunch Recommendations in DTown/Riverwalk San Antonio

Which San Antonio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, TX
Level Contributor
10 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Brunch Recommendations in DTown/Riverwalk San Antonio

HI there -

I will be visiting SA in November and running in the Rock and Roll Half Marathon. I am seeking a Sunday brunch place, post race, that is casual, and yummy as I plan to pig out. A great place to meet up with some friends and have a good time. I am staying on the Riverwalk and prefer to not have to travel far.

Any recommendations?

Also - any suggestions for quaint italian places on the riverwalk to carb up pre race the night before?

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock
Level Contributor
15,175 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brunch Recommendations in DTown/Riverwalk San Antonio

pre-race http://doloresdelrioristorante.com/

the most notable brunch is La Mansion Hotel-Las Canarias

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brunch Recommendations in DTown/Riverwalk San Antonio

For a quaint Italian place on the RW is Michelino's www.michelinos.us or just a couple blocks from the RW near the Alamo is Capparelli on Main @ 2524 N. Main @ Mistletoe great family recipes for 3 generations. Also you have Dolores del Rio Ristorante with belly dancers www.doloresdelrioristorante.com

The Menger Hotel has a great brunch but not on the RW but near the Alamo www.mengerhotel.com

Las Canarias at the Omni La Mansion del Rio on the RW but not cheap but very good. www.omnilamansion.com click on dining to find out about this restaurant.

Not buffet places but good food & casual is the Guenther House in the King William area just down from the riverwalk. www.guentherhouse.com it's very walkable or you could take the streetcar/trolley for $1.20 also Mi Tierra in the market square www.mitierracafe.com

Have a great time.!!!!!

3. Re: Brunch Recommendations in DTown/Riverwalk San Antonio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 29, 2010
Get answers to your questions about San Antonio