We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

International Accordion Festival

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,535 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
International Accordion Festival

Anyone planning on attending the International Accordion Festival? The lineup looks great and the price is right - FREE! www.internationalaccordionfestival.org/

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: International Accordion Festival

I have to admit that I laughed at first and thought you were joking....but after checking out the website, I think that I'll go! It sounds like San Antonio's version of OktoberFest - music, dancing, beer & food - what else do you need?! The best part is the free admission. Count me in!

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,535 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: International Accordion Festival

Accordions don't play Lady of Spain, people do. :)

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,950 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: International Accordion Festival

Can't make it but it does sound like fun. Please post after you go and let us all know what you think.

Plus, you can still make it to the Clay Festival in Gruene the next weekend (10/22-23)!

San Antonio
Level Contributor
577 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: International Accordion Festival

Sounds like fun! We tried to go one year but I think it was rained out. It would be perfect for tourists so they could see La Villita, too. That place is always more fun when theres a fest.

I'll have to fit it in between football games. Fri nite is Mac (husbands old high school) and Roosevelt (my old high school) And now his son is in the Mac marching band. Then theres UT game on Saturday, maybe we'll go after that.

I'm sneeking out of work tomorrow at 3, headed to the beach.

Have you guys been to Massimo? We are going EOM for anniversary.

austin
Level Contributor
208 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: International Accordion Festival

We'll be along for sure Octoboy!

did you check this out? for this saturday afternoon?

www.gruenehall.com

Pb's 67th B DAY gig ( the coolest blues/rock n roll accordionist in Texas )

(of course after tonites wine tasting and barn blow out!)

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,535 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: International Accordion Festival

Yep, I like Ponty and Gruene has a great lineup this weekend. But I think I’m staying here (Sat and Sun, Friday we’re off to Phill’s Firehouse in Comfort to see the Subdudes - possibly my favorite band!) I’m excited about seeing folks that don’t get by here too often. I think Chris Belleau playing with Augie Meyers will be great. I love the Midwestern polka bands so I’m looking forward to The Don Lipovac Orchestra. I’m not too hot on the eastern styles though, I like my accordion music to wake me up (zydeco, polkas, conjunto) not mesmerize me. All in all should be great fun!

Laredo, Texas
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: International Accordion Festival

Yah! when does it start. e-mail valeruiz007@hotmail.com

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,535 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: International Accordion Festival

First act noon Saturday. Check out the schedule at internationalaccordionfestival.org/site2005/…