We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How crazy is Fiesta Week?

new york
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How crazy is Fiesta Week?

Hi, we are coming to Dallas the week of April 23 for a wedding, and want to make a vacation in the San Antonio area. It will be my husband, myself, and my 3 year old. We are looking for a quiet getaway with a great pool. I read something about Fiesta week being that same week. Is this really crazy and wild? If we stay somewhere in Hill Country will we be far enough away from the crowds? Thanks so much

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,554 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How crazy is Fiesta Week?

Fiesta is a wonderful time to visit. There's so much to do. Events take place at locations all over the city so that by making common sense decisions you can avoid crowds. For example Friday's Battle of the Flowers Parade draws upwards of 500,000 folks to downtown. That's a great time to go to the zoo, or the Witte Museum, but an awful time to go to the Alamo.

Hill Country towns will be virtually unaffected by Fiesta.

San Antonio, TX
Level Contributor
575 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How crazy is Fiesta Week?

Except for the downtown area, you can stay practically anywhere else in the city and avoid the fiesta crowds. The majority of the big fiesta events (parades, NIOSA, King William Fair, Market Square) take place in the downtown area. Oyster Bake (St. Mary's University), Taste of New Orleans (Sunken Garden) and Battle of the Bands (Alamo Stadium) are some of the big events taking place outside the downtown area. There are numerous other smaller events that take place throughout the city, but they don't attract huge crowds so it should hamper your ability to enjoy a quiet getaway. Check out www.fiestasa.org to see if any events will take place by the hotels you are considering. Who knows, you might even find an event you want to attend.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How crazy is Fiesta Week?

Check out the Westin Resort, near Fiesta Texas..Or Hyatt Hill Country Resort..

San Antonio, TX
Level Contributor
575 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How crazy is Fiesta Week?

Correction - the fiesta website is www.fiesta-sa.org.

new york
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: How crazy is Fiesta Week?

Thank you very much for your advice. We are going to sit down and map out what our interests are. Thanks again