We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions on Hotel for 2 Families w/kids going to...

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions on Hotel for 2 Families w/kids going to...

My husband and my 2 son (age 2mos & 2yrs) and myself are hoping to take a mini vacation to SA and meet up his mom and sister and her 2 kids (4yr&1yr). I am undecided as to where we should stay. Near Seaworld? or more near the RiverWalk. My Motherinlaw would be keeping my infant while we go to Seaworld. I would like her to be comfortable and not around safe while taking care of my infant. Which I would mean a nice area , nice comfy room. Not a HiWaydrive up place. I dont mind paying extra but Im no way thinking over $200 per night.

Has anyone traveled w/childrens/infants and really liked a certain place to stay.

Would appreciate any input or advice/suggestions.

Chelsea, Alabama
Level Contributor
586 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions on Hotel for 2 Families w/kids going to...

On our last trip, we stayed at the LaQuinta Riverwalk. It's about a 20 min drive to SeaWorld, but we were able to walk around the riverwalk and get to the downtown attractions by foot.

LaQuinta has several locations. Check out their web site.

Roswell, New Mexico
Level Contributor
718 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions on Hotel for 2 Families w/kids going to...

Have often traveled w/my daughter from birth to 4 years to SA, and like the Embassy Suites on I-10 near the medical center. The suite set up is a goodthing for parents. Hotel has nice lobby, large rooms,pool, evening snacks and beer, and free b'fast. You are next door to a family fun park type area with arcade, batting cages, go-karts, etc.... The Omni up the road is quite nice as well. Very nice pool, and right near restaurants, stores, etc....

San Antonio, TX
Level Contributor
575 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions on Hotel for 2 Families w/kids going to...

If the main purpose of your trip is Seaworld, I would recommend staying in the IH 10 and Wurzbach/Huebner area. In addition to the Embassy and Omni that wondertrev noted, other suite hotels are the Amersuites and Drury Inn on IH 10W and Wurzbach and the Springhill Suites at Crossroads Mall on IH 10 and Loop 410. This is a nice safe area with lots of restaurants and shopping.

TXJ
Texas
Level Contributor
279 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions on Hotel for 2 Families w/kids going to...

When my kids were that age we stayed at the Homewood Suites on the riverwalk. It was great to have a little kitchen with toddlers. They also serve a breakfast and have a little cocktail hour. THis comes with the room. I remember when my daughter was about 18 months old. She got the biggest kick out of watching the river cruise boats going by from the lobby/breakfast area. It is totally glassed in. She would squeal with delight when people would wave back to her from the river boat cruises. Seaworld is great, but going to the riverwalk while you are there is a must. It is about a 20 minute drive if memory serves me. It is easy on and off the highway and the trolley stop to downtown locations is very close. They will even do your grocery shopping for you and deliver it to your room. This was a life saver for us with small kids. The only think we didn't care for was the pool. It is very small.

We have stayed many places in SA, but we always end up on the riverwalk. For us it works better to stay on the riverwalk. It saves us from having to drive in from another location and from having to find parking. Good luck and enjoy!

Houston
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestions on Hotel for 2 Families w/kids going to...

Would highly recommend the Radisson at Seaworld! We went to SA in March with 3 kids (2,5 and 8) and stayed there--awesome. Get the 1 bdrm suite/Seaworld pkg. It has a closed off room (so when the baby awakens at night, everyone else is not woken up, a little fridge/wet bar area, and 3 great pools. One of the pools is a kids pool, so it is very shallow, and sloped with kid play things in it. If you buy the Seaworld pkg, it's a great deal. You get "souvenirs" for the kids at check-in and they are nice. Best part, is that Radisson has a shuttle to and from Seaworld. Don't have to pay $10 for parking and someone can come back to the hotel with a tired child without ruining the fun for everyone. It's the way to go with kids. WE are already planning to do it again. Good luck.