We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fiesta Texas

Dallas/Tx
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Fiesta Texas

I have heard a few negative comments on Fiesta Texas. It has been several years since we have been there, but seemed nice and clean. Has it gone down hill?

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fiesta Texas

i went for the first time this year, and i was not impressed. However, i have a very biased opinion due to the fact that i've been spoiled by Walt Disney World's attention to details such as picking up trash, painting buildings that need it, replacing light bulbs when burned out, replacing rusty restraints on rides, having staff that are knowledgeable and friendly, and hiding the behind-the-scenes areas such as employee entrances, etc. with building facades or flora.....all of which are lacking at Fiesta Texas. If you can overlook that stuff, then Fiesta Texas is a great park to ride some rides....but there is definitely no sense of "magic" or escapism that you can find at Disney World.

In my opinion Disney World is a perfect 10. Fiesta Texas is a 4...with a travelling carnival being a 1. If you have the time and money, then fly down to Orlando this fall (after the summer crowds) if you've never been!

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,603 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fiesta Texas

To me, all of the Six Flags properties have suffered cosmetically. Last time at was at Astro World it looked dingy. It seems like they put a lot of resources in the big thrill rides and the general appearance suffers some. I'm also disappointed that so many things cost extra - they're always trying to sell you a ten-dollar photograph, get you to spend money on games, etc.

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,603 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fiesta Texas

TexasHam, I agree. On your scale of 1-10, what would you rate Sea World here in SA?

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fiesta Texas

good point, Octoboy! I remember constantly being accosted to play games or have your picture taken. One game that I remember cost $5 to throw 3 darts at a balloon! And the prices look extremely cheap. Also, the bathrooms were dirty and disgusting. I'm not a fan of Fiesta Texas....go to Sea World instead.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fiesta Texas

on my last post i meant to say the "prizes look extremely cheap."

anyway, i would give Seaworld an 8. It's clean, beautifully landscaped, and professionally operated. The two rollercoasters are very fun and the animals and shows are always entertaining. It's still a notch below Disney parks, but it's my second favorite. Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure in Orlando are third with a 7, because these two parks just don't have the "magic" feeling that Disney does.

What is the "magic feeling"?

At Fiesta Texas you wait in a line with nothing to look at but the guy in front of you....then you get on a ride...and go.

At Disney, there are scenes or movies depicting the ride or a story involving the ride....as you get closer to riding the ride you become involved in the story. by the time you get on the ride, you are excited to finally get to experience the ride.....whereas in Fiesta Texas you are relieved to get on the ride after being bored for so long in line. At Disney waiting in line is half the fun! I could go on and on.....can you tell i like Disney? I've been there 4 times in the past 6 years!

new mexico
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Fiesta Texas

It's not fair to compare Fiesta Texas with Disney World. My family and I were at Fiesta Texas last week and we had a blast! We rode all of the roller coasters (very fun!), log ride and then went to the water park. Very fun! We went on a Thursday and the longest wait was 5 minutes. The only thing is the food is VERY expensive. But, it's like that at Disney World. I had read a post before we went to Fiesta Texas and they said this park is dirty and run down. My husband and I didn't notice it being run down or dirty and we are pretty picky. If you don't care about the rides, go to Sea World. They have a water park also.

Texas
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fiesta Texas

I have been to Astroworld several, several times, and that Six Flags park is showing its age also,, but I don't believe the kids will ever notice those small details,, and we won't either if we dont' look too close....lol.

I will let y'all know in a few weeks, because we are planning on going and I am sure will have a good time. We decided not to go on a cruise this year,, but take several small vacations in Texas. We just got back from Padrea a couple of weeks ago, and I know we will enjoy San Antonio just as much. I am looking forward to the entertainment at Fiesta,, and I won't compare them to Disney ,or the cruise ships shows,, but realize where I am and just enjoy!

( i just hope the heat index is nice to us;; i have been soaking up the a.c. too much this summer)

p from S.E. Texas

San Antonio
Level Contributor
45 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fiesta Texas

Fiesta Texas is the best Six Flags Park Texas overall. If you are going to get on rides it's great. It is not run down by any means. As far as food costs yeah it's not inexpensive but what theme park is? Luckily you can get your hand stamped and drive about 5 minutes to DeZavala Road and have around 20 choices for lunch or dinner.

Texas
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fiesta Texas

The food idea is a good one. I am thinking I may make deli sandwiches , and put them in our soft sided icechest in a locker if they have them to rent ,and eat at picnic tables if they have them available. We like small meals at lunch anyway~~we feel better and aren't sluggish feeling,,and later we can snack on icecream, funnel cakes and etc.

River Ridge, La
Level Contributor
99 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fiesta Texas

We just returned from SA, Admittedly my family loved SeaWorld. I wished we would spent two days there. However, Six Flags is about thrill rides and Feista Texas although not as update as Disney has some awesome rides. My son & I rode Superman 8-10 times almost no lines (on a Fri) except than we waited for the front row, the Rattlers- WOW, and poltergiest is a pleasant surprise. The waterpark was a blast too, BUT do not forget your beach shoes the contrete is hot, hot, hot.. The slides were outstanding and tubing pool and wavepool relaxing, it was a very nice break from the mid day heat. The kids loved the show w/the skatebroaders. My son enjoyed his turkey leg, although if your standard is WDW you'll be disappointed again. My Hubby's favorite was BBQ. I think it's unfair to judge this park by WDW, it's not same market or scale. FT is meant to be a family getaway that compliments your time in San Antonio not a weeklong all consuming extravaganza. Besides, our trips to WDW cost 3 times our San Antonio vacation.