We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catholic Mass in San Antonio (early Sunday)

Pembrokeshire...
Level Contributor
258 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Catholic Mass in San Antonio (early Sunday)

Can anyone recommend somewhere to go to Mass on Sunday in SA at 8 or 9am? Preferably near our hotel, the Marriott Plaza on S Alamo.

We're going to spend the day in Seaworld and I don't want to prevent my (non-Catholic) Husband from getting there early?!

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Marriott Plaza San Antonio
Marriott Plaza San...
858 Reviews
San Antonio, TX
The Alamo
The Alamo
15,706 Reviews
San Antonio, TX
SeaWorld San Antonio
SeaWorld San Antonio
3,922 Reviews
San Antonio, TX
San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,682 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Catholic Mass in San Antonio (early Sunday)

You can hardly throw a stone and not hit a Catholic Church in San Antonio. Can I say that? :) And almost all of them have an 8 o'clock Sunday morning Mass, not to mention a Saturday Evening Vigil Mass. So it's really a choice of convenience or taste. It might be nice to experience a Mass at one of the historic missions or some of the other more famous / historical churches. Here's just a few ideas. I got some of the information from the San Antonio Archdiocese web site even though several of the pages were missing. Try www.archdiosa.org/parishes/counties/bexar.htm

San Fernando Cathedral is just a few blocks away from your hotel.

The Basilica of the National Shrine of the Little Flower has a 7:30 or 8:00 (I m getting conflicting information)mass www.shrinechurch.com/schedule/index.asp

The 12 noon mass at Mission San Jose is a ���Mariachi Mass��� and is very popular.

Mentioned in this post
Mission San Jose
Mission San Jose
2,936 Reviews
San Antonio, TX
Pembrokeshire...
Level Contributor
258 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Catholic Mass in San Antonio (early Sunday)

Ha! Yes you can say that!

Thanks Octoboy!

Is the Mission San Jose in the vague vicinity of my hotel, do you know?

Cheers

Mentioned in this post
Mission San Jose
Mission San Jose
2,936 Reviews
San Antonio, TX
Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
6,070 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Catholic Mass in San Antonio (early Sunday)

St. Joseph's downtown, right there in the bend of the mall where Dillard's is, has mass at 0800, 0930, 1100 and 1230. It is right across the way from your hotel. The church is on Commerce.

San Antonio, TX
Level Contributor
577 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Catholic Mass in San Antonio (early Sunday)

Mission San Jose actually a few miles south of your hotel on Roosevelt Rd. You would probably be better off going to St. Joseph or San Fernando Cathedral as poodleone and Octoboy mentioned. St. Joseph's is a tad bit closer to your hotel than San Fernando.

Mentioned in this post
Mission San Jose
Mission San Jose
2,936 Reviews
San Antonio, TX