We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rainy season

southampton,pa
Level Contributor
89 posts
16 reviews
23 helpful votes
Rainy season

I plan to visit San Antonio next year and was wondering when would be a good time weather wise?

I was thinking if September, however, from a chart that I have it seems that is a rainy time?

Would prefer the fall over the summer - can anyone suggest a better time?

Thanks.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
9 reviews
62 helpful votes
1. Re: Rainy season

we've had more rain this spring than we've had in the past two years, so it's tough to predict when the real "rainy season" is....but i do know that september is still very hot here....so, it's better to plan a time to come here when it's not so hot....which is why i think october or november would be a better time.

southampton,pa
Level Contributor
89 posts
16 reviews
23 helpful votes
2. Re: Rainy season

Thanks - October would actually be better and according to my chart not a much rain as September? I know it hard to predict what Mother Nature has in store - it's our first time in San Antonio and then we plan to drive to NM - and visit Albuquerque and Santa Fe, so I am trying to piece all of this together for nice weather-and as I said, we do prefer the fall -

Thanks again.

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,882 posts
78 reviews
76 helpful votes
3. Re: Rainy season

We drove for SA to Durango, CO via Santa Fe and back via Taos last year the week before Labor day and had great weather. We did hit some rain, but New Mexico was the greenest I've ever seen.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
111 posts
4. Re: Rainy season

The reason September comes up as a rainier month is because the charts go by total rainfall and September is when hurricanes are most likely to be in the gulf. When one does strike, the rainfall can come in droves, which skews the monthly total. Otherwise, September is generally hot and dry.

I do agree that October will give you more moderate temperatures and is generally a better time to visit. You might even be able to take in Octoberfest (1st October weekend) in Fredericksburg or Wurstfest in New Braunfels (late October/early Novemeber) to get some of the German flavor of the area while here.

5. Re: Rainy season

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 pm, September 01, 2009
Get answers to your questions about San Antonio