We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Salem to Acadia National Park

Cheltenham
Level Contributor
53 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Salem to Acadia National Park

Hi,

I am driving from Acadia to Salem as part of me and my wifes New England Road trip next month. How long do I need to allow for the trip ?

Any route ideas - scenic if possible. Couple of stops for lunch, lighthouses etc. Any suggestions,comments welcome.

Thanks in advance. CM.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,146 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Salem to Acadia National Park

You could go by broom if it was the other direction. The drive is at least 6 hours if you stay on the highway. How long do you want to use on this trip. You may be best served if the question is asked in ME as that is where the majority of the trip will be. there are many cute towns along the coast for stopping Kennebunk, Portland, Ogunquit (Nubble Light), York, Wells, portsmouth (NH)

Cheltenham
Level Contributor
53 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Salem to Acadia National Park

Doing it in a day = start after breakfast and head on south !

3. Re: Salem to Acadia National Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 pm, December 15, 2013