We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October weekends in Salem

Which Salem hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Reading...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
October weekends in Salem

My husband and I would like to visit Salem for a day some weekend before Halloween, possibly this one (Oct. 15/16) or next. Does it tend to get busier the closer it gets to the 31st?

Also, are there any recommendations on saturdays vs. sundays?

Many thanks!

North Shore, MA
Destination Expert
for Salem
Level Contributor
5,498 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: October weekends in Salem

The busiest weekend is the one that includes or immediately precedes Halloween. Second busiest is usually Columbus Day weekend. So this coming weekend or the following one will probably not be as crowded as the last weekend of the month (10/29-30). My guess is that you'll find Sunday a little less crowded than Saturday. A lot depends on the weather.

We always caution folks not to drive to Salem on Haunted Happenings weekends. Instead, take the commuter rail or Salem Ferry from Boston. You could also drive to Beverly, park, and take the commuter rail one stop to Salem. Please see the Top Questions in the column on the right for more information.

Happy Halloween!

Reading...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: October weekends in Salem

Okay, we'll definitely avoid that weekend right before Halloween and take public transportation.

thank you!

North Shore, MA
Destination Expert
for Salem
Level Contributor
5,498 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: October weekends in Salem

You also may want to take into consideration the information in the following thread:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60954-i1100-k4881…

Hope you have fun!

4. Re: October weekends in Salem

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, October 26, 2012