We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Salem in 2 weeks-Questions pls!

Which Salem hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
243 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Salem in 2 weeks-Questions pls!

We will be coming to Salem in less than 2 weeks. We are going whale watching in Gloucester at 1:30 but would hope to be in Salem by 5PM that evening. If we park next to the visitor center that gives us the remainder of that night/evening to wander around Salem. We have plans to do a ghost walk as well. Will all of the festivities still be going on and will one evening be enough to at least "experience" some of the Halloween madness that goes on in Salem? We will be there 10/20 and going later that night to our hotel in Danvers.

Thanks!

Providence, RI
Level Contributor
138 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Salem in 2 weeks-Questions pls!

If you are in Salem anytime in October, the festivities will be going on.

www.hauntedhappings.com, www.festivalofthedead.com will give you all the events going on the time you are there.

enjoy it, i go every year with my 17 year old daughter.

North Shore, MA
Destination Expert
for Salem
Level Contributor
5,523 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Salem in 2 weeks-Questions pls!

As the previous poster said, there will be plenty going on when you come to Salem. Even though 10/20 is a Tuesday, you can expect it to be crowded, especially if the weather is good. You are unlikely to be able to park near the Visitor Center and should be prepared to spend some time finding parking. Coming from Gloucester, I think you will do better to travel into Salem via Route 1A from Beverly. You can take coastal Route 127 from Gloucester to Beverly or, for a faster less scenic ride, take Route 128 to Route 1A. You could also go a little further on Route 128 and exit at Route 62 towards Beverly, but as you go further south on Route 128, the routes east towards Beverly and Salem will become more congested. The haunted happenings website has information on driving and parking.

Salem, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,482 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Salem in 2 weeks-Questions pls!

Plan to park in the Museum Mall parking lot which is directly across the street from the Nat'l Park visitors' center. I think it is $2 or sometimes they don't even charge. It is adjacent to the pedestrian mall which is where all the fun halloween stuff happens. HAVE FUN!! and thanks for coming to Salem.

4. Re: Salem in 2 weeks-Questions pls!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 07, 2010