We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Authentic Native American jewelry shops

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
140 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Authentic Native American jewelry shops

Can you tell me if there are any places to buy genuine Native American jewelry while I am in Tucson next week? From what I have learned in the past, the jewelry must bear the artist's stamp and they must give you a business card. Thanks!

Danville, Vermont
Level Contributor
97 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Authentic Native American jewelry shops

I believe one local artist that sells is at the gift shop plaza across from San Xavier Mission. His name is Joe Begay. He does some pieces with images of the mission that we have bought before. He is quite an interesting character.

I am assuming he is still there. I know he was last year.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Authentic Native American jewelry shops

In the "olden days" (20 years ago), you could find some nice old pieces in pawn shops. Is that still the case.

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
16,136 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Authentic Native American jewelry shops

Yes, but you may not find a good selection in Tucson. It is much more common at trading posts where artists have sold pieces or put them on consignment.

Joe Begay, mentioned above, is also frequently at Old Town Artisans downtown. He is a "local artist" in the sense that he lives here, but he is Navajo not local tribe which is Tohono O'Odham. I have bought from him myself.

14. Re: Authentic Native American jewelry shops

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:05 am, September 12, 2012
15. Re: Authentic Native American jewelry shops

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:05 am, September 12, 2012
16. Re: Authentic Native American jewelry shops

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 pm, December 13, 2013