We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canyon Ranch vs Miraval...any opinions on pro/con of these

United States
Level Contributor
10,149 posts
272 reviews
Save Topic
Canyon Ranch vs Miraval...any opinions on pro/con of these

two spas. I am certain both are very nice...price is a bit lower at Miraval. We are considering a short weekend at one or the other and would love any first hand knowledge. Thanks.

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
17,638 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Canyon Ranch vs Miraval...any opinions on pro/con of these

I have never stayed at either one but am familiar and know people who work or have worked at both. Miraval is spiritually oriented and holistic. Canyon Ranch is more upscale straight-forward fitness and weight loss. Both can be described as luxury spa resorts.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
3,573 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Canyon Ranch vs Miraval...any opinions on pro/con of these

My sister-in-law has stayed at Miraval a number of times and gives it high marks, but i don't think yoou can go wrong with either one.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,400 posts
2,644 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Canyon Ranch vs Miraval...any opinions on pro/con of these

I've been to Miraval on a special day pass and loved everything about the place -- food, pampering, classes, grounds, etc. I've also been to Canyon Ranch many times (not as a guest) so had many chances to look around. I like Miraval's more isolated location better, but you really can't go wrong at either resort/spa. Perhaps reading the TA reviews of both would help you make up your mind. Someone may remark about something that makes one of the places seem more appealing to you.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
1 post
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Canyon Ranch vs Miraval...any opinions on pro/con of these

I could wax poetic about the magic of Miraval. From the minute you enter through the gates, the world of stress, iPhones and emails start to drop away. It is not only relaxing, spiritual, first class and located in a setting that is second to none, it is FUN! The staff are genuinely happy to work there, most of them have been there for quite some time and willingly engage in friendly, interesting conversations. There are a myriad of little touches that surround you and make you know that having your stay at Miraval be among your top experiences is everyone's intention. Did I mention one of my most favorite things? The "Anything You Need" button on the phone? That may not be the exact wording but the concept is clear. My girlfriend and I have shared our experiences with anyone who will listen and cannot wait for our next visit - with more girlfriends and my daughters.

As a radio talk show hostess and social media environmentalist, I cannot help but also add my praise of & admiration for Miraval's commitment to sustainability that is among their highest priorities.

Paris
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Canyon Ranch vs Miraval...any opinions on pro/con of these

I've been to Miraval, not Canyon Ranch but what I can say is that Miraval is just incredible and amazing. the spa, the service, the outdoor activities, the people and most importantly, the global experience. You have to go...

6. Re: Canyon Ranch vs Miraval...any opinions on pro/con of these

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:54 am, April 26, 2011