We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
2,460 posts
135 reviews
82 helpful votes
Christmas

Is the Winterhaven neighborhood still doing the Christmas Lights? And, is it still permissable to drive through the neighborhood. We are senior seniors, and really cant walk it, but don't want to do the shuttles, but would rather go on a night when the shuttles are not running.

Any help would be appreciated.

6 replies to this topic
Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
3,642 posts
117 reviews
63 helpful votes
1. Re: Christmas

Not sure if they've set the exact dates for this year yet. They usually have one night when cars are permitted to drive through the neighborhood. Have you considered one of the trolleys or hayrides. Driving is really difficult because of all the people on foot, and the trolleys.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,511 posts
21 reviews
15 helpful votes
2. Re: Christmas

They are still doing the lights. And there is one night when you can drive through, December 26.

http://winterhavenfestival.org/

Marina, California
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
7,453 posts
104 reviews
148 helpful votes
3. Re: Christmas

I lived in Winterhaven for a little while, and that drive-thru night is the worst. Enormous lines to get in and it takes a very long time to get through. If you absolutely must drive, try to go a little early. Or take the alternatives, as suggested.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
2,460 posts
135 reviews
82 helpful votes
4. Re: Christmas

So, I gather that the shuttles run every night during the display? I agree that it is the way we should go. I guess I read their website incorrectly.

Thanks Again,

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
18,086 posts
96 reviews
96 helpful votes
5. Re: Christmas

It has been my experience that the shuttles run every night. Their website is not yet updated for 2018. It is very congested every night. Parking is crowded and costs close to the boarding area. Reservations are suggested for the trolleys and other rides. I would not go on a weekend evening.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
2,460 posts
135 reviews
82 helpful votes
6. Re: Christmas

Hey everybody, thanks loads. Lots of great information.

Anytime you would like info on New Mexico, you can pm me, and I will help as much as 40 years living here can do.

Sandiaman

Reply to: Christmas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted