Husband and I are going to a wedding in Providence the last weekend in September. We plan on driving up from New York and probably wont arrive until 8-9 pm. We are staying at The Renaissance Hotel on Avenue of the Arts....recommended for wedding guests. The wedding is at Roger Williams Botanical Garden at 6 pm on Saturday.
Here's my questions:
1. Any recommendations for dinner near the hotel. Maybe walking distance? We will probably be tired (working all day and then driving), but will need a casual - sit down - waiter/waitress served meal.
2. We would like to do some sight seeing before the wedding....So any recommendations for a morning, like 9 a or 10 am - 3 pm. We wouldn't mind driving at this point, and we have NEVER been to Providence.
3. Any recommendations for breakfast in the area?
4. It's a Saturday evening wedding, so I am thinking little black or other color dress. Invites did not say formal or semi formal...anyone know of this wedding venue?
5. Any traffice avoidance suggestions? Friday night on I-95 is going to be lovely, (insert sarcastic voice)!
Thanks in advance!