We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Closest hotel to Water Fire?

Connecticut
Level Contributor
103 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Closest hotel to Water Fire?

It looks as if the next available hotel reservations for Water Fire is not until Sept. I booked the Downtown Marriott but could have also gotten the HIlton for the same price. Does anyone know which is closer and/or nicer? Any other suggestions?

Newport, Rhode...
Destination Expert
for Newport, Providence
Level Contributor
2,378 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Closest hotel to Water Fire?

The Hilton is closer to Waterfire. The Mariott is on the other side of the State House but offers free parking. It's still walkable, but a further walk, and it's kind of quiet around the State House at night.

The Hilton is a recently revamped Holiday Inn, but I have never stayed there. I haven't stayed at the Mariott in a few years but it was always nice....and like I said, free parking.

They are #4 (Marriott) and #6 (Hilton) on TA reviews for Providence.

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Newport
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Closest hotel to Water Fire?

The Hampton Inn is very close and very nice. We parked in the Central Parking garage behind the hotel to save on the expensive valet service the hotel offered. The garage was $10/night.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
103 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Closest hotel to Water Fire?

The good thing about the Marriott was that it had free parking. Going to look at Hampton Inn now. Thanks for the replies.

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Newport
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Closest hotel to Water Fire?

The Hampton Inn has a free breakfast, and it was quite good, although crowded. We had to wait for a table. You can't get breakfast for 2 anywhere downtown for $10, so you might want to factor that in.

Vermont
Level Contributor
191 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Closest hotel to Water Fire?

We stayed at the Marriott and it was very convenient. We could see some of the event from our windows. We had great time! Enjoy!

Boston...
Level Contributor
824 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Closest hotel to Water Fire?

If I am not mistaken, the Marriott on Orms has a shuttle.. So you might want to inquire if indeed they do and if they will take you to waterfire if the walk is too much for you or any members of your group

7. Re: Closest hotel to Water Fire?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, July 27, 2013