We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from airport to hotel

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
130 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation from airport to hotel

My husband and I are visiting Providence soon for an event at the Dunkin Donuts Center. We are flying into the Providence airport and staying at the Hotel Providence. We will not be renting a car since the Center looks to be very close to the hotel. Is a taxi the best option from the airport to the hotel? Or are there any other options? Also, is Federal Hill within easy walking distance from the hotel? Thank you.

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from airport to hotel

Hello from the Visitors Bureau in Providence. A taxi from the airport to the Hotel Providence should be about $25-30 and should take about 15 minutes. There is also limited scheduled rail service between Providence and Warwick (where the airport is located) via the InterLink rail system. You can find out more on the airport Web site www.pvdairport.com. Federal Hill is about a 10-15 minute walk but the street itself, called Atwells Avenue, is a little less than one mile long. You can look at restaurant options and their distances to your hotel by visiting our Web site www.GoProvidence.com. Enjoy your stay with us!

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
130 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from airport to hotel

Thank you for the information, Visitors Bureau! It looks like the InterLink does not run on the weekend, so I guess that is not an option. I appreciate the information about the walk to Federal Hill. We are looking forward to our visit.

Warwick, Rhode...
Level Contributor
40 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from airport to hotel

There is a shuttle that runs hourly i think from 8 am to 7pm (providence shuttle) that drops off at hotels in down town providence. The cost for that is only $11! Also you are correct in thinking the train only runs on weekends,it currently has very limited times including no weekend service.

4. Re: Transportation from airport to hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 am, October 07, 2012