We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get to Providence station from TF Green

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
33 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to get to Providence station from TF Green

What is the best way to get to Boston from TF Green? I looked a the MBTA's schedule for the commuter rail and it only runs to TF Green in the early morning and evening, neither of which works for me.

It looks like I need to get to Kennedy Plaza in Providence to catch the commuter rail there, as there are many more options for catching from Prov.

Would taking a taxi be the best way to go? What would fare be?

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Providence
Providence
Rhode Island
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Newport
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to get to Providence station from TF Green

The train station is not in Kennedy Plaza. It's several blocks away. If you have luggage or the weather is bad it would not be a good option for you.

You can take a Peter Pan bus from the airport to South Station in Boston. Or you can take a shuttle from the airport to the train station for $11.

http://www.pvdairport.com/main.aspx?sec_id=59

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Jamestown, Rhode...
Level Contributor
938 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to get to Providence station from TF Green

Or you can take the RIPTA bus to Kennedy Plaza for 1.75.

3. Re: Best way to get to Providence station from TF Green

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 19, 2012