We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Providence?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
136 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in Providence?

I've been looking around Providence on Google maps trying to get a feel for various locations. I'll be in town for a week to train at Women and Infant's and I'm trying to work out where to stay. I'll be on my own so in the evenings it would be good to be somewhere with restaurant options in easy walking distance. But I also need to be somewhere where I can take the bus directly to the hospital.

Any thoughts?

Jamestown, Rhode...
Level Contributor
938 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Providence?

The hospital to downtown is close, and I would walk that stretch during the day or by bus. The hotels in Providence are generally located downtown on the otherside of the city , if that is where you are thinking, and are easily accessible by foot day or night. Restaurants are downtown, Federal Hill, and on the East SIde which is considered the nicest area in the city where Brown and RISD are. All these locations are within walking distance, or a short bus/cab ride from downtown. Providence is pretty compact.

Edited: 5:18 pm, April 11, 2011
Cranston,RI
Level Contributor
132 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Providence?

The Hampton Inn in Downtown Providence would be a good choice. They are very close to Kennedy Plaza bus area, have free shuttle to from PVD, and a very nice breakfast.

3. Re: Where to stay in Providence?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 am, May 08, 2012
Level Contributor
10 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Providence?

Providence has quite a few decent hotels such as the Courtyard Marriott & Hampton Inn on the cheaper side and the Hilton & Westin on the more expensive side. All of them are located 4-6 minutes from Women & Infants Hospital. Bus service with RIPTA is pretty good. I live in New York but have went on vacation in Rhode Island several times. Enjoy Providence!

Mentioned in this post
New York
New York
United States
Rhode Island
Rhode Island
United States
5. Re: Where to stay in Providence?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 am, October 30, 2012