We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Providence solo? restaurants?

Austin
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Providence solo? restaurants?

Any suggestions for restaurants I won't feel like a complete dork dining in alone? (or just good restaurants) I'll be there for three days, mostly for business, but plan to get out and do some things when I can. Thanks for any input.

Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Providence solo? restaurants?

There are so many wonderful restaurants to pick from in Providence.

I would go with a more casual pub style one not sure what your comfort level is many times you can eat at the bar and still enjoy the save great cuisine.

Here is a list of restaurants with links and phone numbers. A phone call will give you a feel of the reception you will experience at each

www.inn-providence-ri.com/restaurants.shtml

for things to do in Providence reference

inn-providence-ri.com/destinationsPR.shtml

Bring some warm cloths and have fun!

Providence RI
Level Contributor
169 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Providence solo? restaurants?

No problem eating alone in Providence. We are home to Johnson and Wales U, Emerils' alma mater, probably the 2nd or 3rd best cooking school in the US. Don't miss some of our fabulous restaurants because you are solo. My favorite: Pot au Feu- downstairs. (ps I have eaten solo in many cities large and small, Amrican and European. I always bring a book or magazine just in case something makes me feel the need to occupy myself. usually don't need it.)